16 June 2005

Laptops, Wi-Fi Projectors and Hoping for the Best

Greetings from the Network Security Laboratory in the Computational Science Research Center, under the aegis of the Japan International Cooperation Agency, and the University of the Philippines Information Technology Training Center, on the start of the third day of the Computer Programming 1 short course that I am handling (class 2). I'm on the laptop which was provided for the instructor to sit in front of while projecting the course slide show (provided by yours truly's cameo for the work done by Florence and Riza) through the LCD projector on through Wi-Fi. Here's hoping that my students, taking an examination on the topics of the first two days' worth of lessons, are doing well. They'll have an early lunch, and then they will have more lessons.

Think of CS11 in four days; ten days, including the workshop for the next week plus next next Monday. Sorry, Lyn! Have to meet Ma'am Banjo sometime so that she knows I'm actually taking her class. Also have to get momentum going for the CS135 classes, since Riza can ably nudge the CS175 class for the week. I have to remember to prepare the problems for Saturday, after creating the final exam for the lecture series we're conducting.

Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

PS: I got my University ID quickly yesterday morning (no more haggling with college security) and I secured my enrollment at Ateneo this morning, before picking up some Sprite Ice (now with mint?) and some menthol candy to combat throat fatigue. If I can work out my semestral schedule and prepare for next week;s lectures, I'm all set.

Edit: I mistook the Network System Lab for a Security lab. A thousand pardons.

No comments: