02 June 2005

Gearing Up

Actually, not quite yet. I'm not too sure that I'm fully prepped for the coming semester, so I'll be brushing up on what I need to know. Also, my own enrollment is still a question mark. For those not me, and not in the know, I will try to enlist for the next 20% of the coursework I need for a Master's Degree in Mathematics from Ateneo de Manila University, going up to 60% of that.

To answer the question of why math, well, I'm a math major. I can't really call myself a programmer, so I defer Computer Science studies to those who practice. (Why I'm teaching it is coming full circle in CS 175.) To answer the question of why there, I usually say to expand my circle of professional contacts, which I increasingly believe is important for academicians. AdMU, I had believed for a while, had a more robust BS Math curriculum (which I doubt in sincerity), and believed until recently that it was more inclined to the algebras than to analysis, the latter of which I thought UP had been more heavily leaning into, until last year, when one of my instructors had apparently squared solidly into cryptography.

I wonder, when (and not if, I am hoping) I get my MS, will I be taking a PhD in La Salle?

No comments: