23 August 2015

Still Anxious

Another promised update missed, and a nebulous amount of work done, I find myself a week away from starting a semester of the heaviest teaching I will have done since teaching high school, more than a decade ago.

Since then, I have had the opportunity to teach programming (and sometimes math) to top-notch students, as well as have my first taste of restricted teaching, before being tapped for similar duty overseas. This will be my first chance to explore lecture preparation in quite a while, and it has been exhilarating and worrisome. I am trying a new (to me) schema, and have been fully immersing myself (as it was) in the state-of-the-art. Will it succeed? Only time and effort will tell. I still haven't finalized it, and I only really have the first half detailed, but teaching has always been a fluid process, on-the-fly even as you are in front of the students. 

Here's to the new and the brave. 

No comments: