21 August 2014

Relay

A side effect of not having a good pace yet is the domino effect this has on classes following. Whereas, on Mondays, only I follow myself, my second classes on Tuesday and Wednesday are immediately followed. Aside from the mandated (and sensible) finish-ten-minutes-before-the-next policy, which I fear does not get unanimously adhered to, there's also the (usually massive) amount of board wiping and resetting expected - in addition to occasionally cleaning up after careless students. I've had one trip to the lost-and-found, and it's barely been a week.

Nonetheless, this is more than mere courtesy - tutorial classes are often sqeezing as much as they could into the hour or two per week allotted, and these nontrivial tasks need to be budgeted in. Case in point: I've been lucky enough to have no classes ahead of me (so far), allowing me to set up projectors ahead of the designated time.

I always feel pressed for time, but that is mostly to ensure my cogs in the campus machine don't jam up. 

No comments: