15 August 2014

Nomadic Once More

So, while my paperwork is still being processed, I find myself with no staff card or lab space.  This isn't really a worry for me, since I'm doing purely teaching this semester, but this does cause some logistic problems:

  • No consultation venue: not likely to cause problems at the moment, since students very rarely consult at the start of the semester.
  • No access to rooms: again, not a problem, since the tutorial rooms are open access for classes.
  • No log-in: here's a problem, as I cannot use the PCs without one, so this will be the tricky part.  Also, this locks me out of the system software for classroom management.
Either way, used to the nomadic lifestyle.  I'm likely to bring the laptop to work for a few weeks, but it is a bit unwieldy, so hopefully some temporary solution can be devised for the near-future.

No comments: