20 February 2006

Decisions on Bad Data

So, arriving today at work, I was greeted by three dropping slips. Two, I know, were in the hands of those that needed it. A third, on the other hand, was in ambiguous territory. So, I enter the "are you sure?" phase of the exit interview, and all three had decided.

So I sign the release forms.

Later, I determine the status of Mr. Ambiguous---only to find that he is well within the territory of the doing fine. (Except for the machine problems, which I have yet to check, but I am doubting that that is too low.) In fact, he may be in line to pass within a decent margin by the next two requirements.

So, is this guilt, or is this merely the mechanism?

2 comments:

a said...

Did Mr. Ambiguous have enough feedback that he *was* in ambiguous territory? (Maybe he felt the situation was worse than it actually was)

Did they all submit their dropping slips together? (This stops you from discussing their statuses with each of them one at a time)

If the answer to each of the above is "yes", then no guilt. ^_^

Unknown said...

Hmmmm... For #2, yes. For #1, I had already released everything that I had checked, and scores had already been uploaded to the UVLE in the prior week. Admittedly, he still had two MPs that I hadn't checked yet.

Either way, I'm looking at some sort of alternative, just in case.